Why Shoes Are Essential for Children's Foot Development: The Importance of Proper Footwear
On This Page
- Why Shoes are Essential for Children's Foot Development
- What makes jbrds stand out from the rest?
- How do jbrds compare to barefoot walking?
- The Importance of Proper Footwear
While buying a new pair of shoes for your child might seem like a simple decision, the right shoes play a critical role in your child's development, especially during the early years when they are just learning to walk. jbrds simulates barefoot walking while providing the support and protection children need when they’re out and about.
Why Shoes are Essential for Children's Foot Development
The proper development of a child's feet is essential for their overall health and well-being. Shoes play a crucial role in this development by providing a protective barrier and a stable platform for children to bear weight, gain balance, and take their first steps. As children grow and start to become more active, their feet are exposed to various elements that can cause injury, including rough terrain and sharp objects. Shoes help to protect their delicate feet from these external factors, reducing the risk of injury and keeping their feet safe and healthy.
In addition to providing protection, shoes provide support for growing feet. As children's feet develop, they require proper support to promote healthy bone and muscle growth. The right pair of shoes can help to distribute weight evenly across the foot, reducing the risk of foot deformities and other foot-related problems. When a child takes their first steps, they require a stable platform to gain balance and support their weight. Shoes offer this platform, helping children to feel more confident and secure as they take their first steps.
What makes jbrds stand out from the rest?
jbrds Stand2Walk shoes offer structural support where it's needed the most during early weight bearing. The heel, developing cuboid, and lateral column, where most of the weight is occurring, are some of the critical areas that jbrds shoes provide support for. With the unique shoe lasts that mimic the shape of your child's foot at this age, jbrds Stand2Walk shoes represent the most naturally shaped foot covering for a 9-24 month old learning to walk.
@jbrds_kids jbrds is the first and only shoe designed and developed for an infant's foot. It's not just a scaled-down version of an adult shoe! Your little one will enjoy all day comfort in a shoe they can't easily take off #kidsstylishoutfits #kidsootd #toddlerfashion #toddlerstyle #babyessentials #momstyleblogger #motherhoodblogger #classickids #motherhoodjourney #motherhood #advocatelikeamother #childhoodeveryday #mothering #childhoodunplugged #podiatryapproved #homeschoollife #homeschool #babyboutique ♬ Good Vibes (Instrumental) - Ellen Once Again
How do jbrds compare to barefoot walking?
While at home, indoors, barefoot walking is great for an infant’s development and coordination and often preferred by parents. The house is safe for their fragile feet. Their little toes can feel and sense the ground easily and shift to coordinate and develop their balance.
jbrds Stand2Walk shoes are designed to mimic all of the great developmental qualities of barefoot walking while simultaneously adding crucial benefits to promote healthy feet and walking confidence while wearing shoes. jbrds replicates barefoot walking in the following ways:
- The 0-drop outsole: meaning that the sole of the shoe is completely flat, is critical because babies don’t have a developed arch in their foot like adults do. This means in jbrds shoes their feet are provided a flat, supportive base to gain a center of balance. Similar to what they’re used to when barefoot. Additionally, since most baby shoes are simply scaled down versions of adult shoes. Those shoes also commonly have a step off—meaning the heel of the shoe is higher than the toes, tipping the foot forward which hinders baby’s balance and stability.
- Yellow suede sole: this is totally unique to jbrds shoes and is specially designed with suede material to provide a similar amount of grip to baby’s bare feet, allowing them to walk confidently without sliding, while still providing enough give so that the shoe doesn’t get stuck and trip up baby’s sweeping gate. Meaning their feet naturally slide across the ground as they walk. Traditional rubber soled baby shoes grip the ground too much and can trip a walking infant as their foot slides over the ground. Additionally, suede reduces shoe weight compared to other materials and is a durable material that is perfect for this age group.
- Soft yet protective bottoms: since jbrds shoe bottoms don’t utilize a chunky rubber sole, babies can feel and sense the ground more easily, like barefoot walking, improving their coordination, balance and mobility. jbrds shoes have a continuation of the cage material between the suede outsole and the sockliner insole, protecting the foot from moisture and sharp objects that could penetrate the suede alone.
- Support and flexibility – jbrds sock in support cage construction gives the perfect balance of flexibility, natural to barefoot walking. The sock-like upper provides flexibility, while the support cage provides additional support in key areas to aid the developing cuboid bone and lateral column making it easier for babies’ feet to support and balance their delicate first steps.
The Importance of Proper Footwear
It's essential to understand that the right footwear can make all the difference in your child's foot development. The wrong shoes can cause problems that can last a lifetime, while the right shoes can help promote proper foot development and form healthy walking habits in your little one.
When it comes to choosing the right shoes for your child, there are several factors to consider, such as fit, support, and flexibility. One of the primary reasons why jbrds Stand2Walk shoes are the preferred option for parents is because of their unique shoe lasts. jbrds discovered that the shoe lasts used across the industry were a miniaturization of an adult foot, and not a child's foot. Realizing this error, jbrds corrected it by developing shoe lasts that mimic the shape of a child's foot at this age, with a narrow heel, chubby midfoot, and wide forefoot.
This unique design ensures that jbrds shoes fit your child's feet correctly, promoting proper foot development and makes sure they get started off on the right foot.